Thursday 12 July 2012

Absence makes the heart grow fonder

Hello dears. Hope all is well.
Bet you thought I gave up on this, eh? eh?! No, no. Just been toying with what exactly I would like to do with this proclaimed internet space.  I have really been grappling with content and purpose. The good news is this has led to a great deal of "research" that entails reading lots of awesome blogs, books, and articles. Okay, okay, that is just me saying that I have been doddling AND reading lots of blogs, books, and articles.

I really love the idea of a lifestyle blog rather than a total fashion blog, or home blog, or DIY blog. So, in that vein, you will get a lifestyle- my lifestyle; or at least some type of semblance to my lifestyle. 
I have had a difficult time taking "outfit" shots. I am so awkward!! BUT I have been compiling some fabulous finds that I just have to share!!! The best I can do are some basic outfit spreads for you for now.

The following three outfit spreads are very telling of my casual, work, and night time style. My style is extremely eclectic! There are a few bloggers that, when combined, really reflect the looks I love! 
Kendi Everyday is a lady I am just so glad I stumbled upon one lovely Canadian winter night! She is so classic, cool, casual, but chic and professional all at the same time! I really enjoy seeing fun, new ways to mix up clothing you can wear in a very professional (conservative) environment-- because that is what I have to do on a daily basis!
Disarming Darling is another blog I truly love. Her Californian style and focus on cruelty free living makes the blog absolutely fantastic! I cannot get enough of the thrifted jewels and duds this girl finds!
A Go-Go is a blog I recently just started following and simply adore. I really love the vintage feel to each outfit!
Now... on with my outfits!

Casual summer-- we are in a heat wave, people! The shirt is sheer so I usually throw a bandeau underneath on the hottest of hot days.
 Shit: H&M, Shorts: Ardene, Jewelry: Icings
Work: Now, as I have said, I work in an environment that requires you to, at times, stifle personal style-- or so I thought! It is not impossible to infuse professional style with vintage fanstasticness...I have realized it just takes practice! Ch-ch-check out that amazing coin belt! Thankfully this was found at Westmount's antique sale. Treasures to be found if you are willing to wade through the goods, and the lengthy conversations with vendors!
 Silk blouse: Street Vendor, Tank: Bluenotes, Belt: Thrifted, Skirt: Thrifted
Night time: I loooooooove lbd's with any type of boot! I love the mixture of this vintage sequin jacket and the motorcycle boot! y sister thrifted this beauty and thankfully I snatched it off of her! I love love love the detailing!


Jacket: Thrifted, LBD: H&M LOGG, Gold necklace: Thrifted, Silver: Icings

So there you have it. My first kinda outfit post. I love talking about clothes. Mmmmmmmmmm. Hopefully I can get over my awkwardness and eventually show ya how the clothes look on. 
Miss you already. 

No comments:

Post a Comment