Tuesday 24 July 2012

A rose by any other name would smell as sweet? Ya sure about that?

I have a quick review to share with everyone and welcome any and all feedback. I have been a lover of all things Lush for over a decade now. The love affair with their handmade, nearly all organize cosmetics and bath products began with a love of Karma, aka "The scent of Lush."
This perfume is an all vegan mixture of the most amazing scents such as orange blossom, patchouli and overall strong hints of spice and citrus. I used to have to ask anyone I knew going to Toronto to pick me up a bottle, however, I am now lucky enough to have a Lush around the corner. 
Although I have nothing bad to say about this scent and its line of fragrance products my issue is with the new manufacturer Gorilla Perfumes, based out of Ireland (I believe). Now, now, there is nothing wrong with the company- they are as fair and ethical as Lush; my issue crops of with the overall intensity of the perfume products since Lush ceased producing them themselves.
I have tried everything from the solid perfume tin (which I believe is no longer manufactured), to the solid perfume stick (meh, the scent fades after about 4 hours), to the mini size limited edition sets (all of them are delicious, some highlighted faves being Breath of God, Lust, and 24/7), even the mini perfume (which although is still an eau de perfume is seemingly not as strong). After trying all of these I still have to stick with the full sized eau de toilette as being the best, most long lasting scent. My biggest complaint overall is simply that since Lush stopped producing perfumes themselves the quality is seemingly not there 100%.
If you know me, I like my perfumes to loud, proud and fierce!
These are simply my opinions and welcome any feedback from anyone else. I realize that Lush products are all individually made from all natural ingredients and therefore some batches may not be as strong as others; however, I have bought many, many bottles of Karma in the last 10 years...
Oh! I must add that Karma Kream NEVER EVER disappoints! My favourite as it is smooth as silk and still holds that delicious scent so strongly all day!



1 comment:

  1. I've heard good things about this line- must check it out

    http://slidingdrawersblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete